Over the last week, our construction team continued backfilling south of Westbury Avenue, pipe installation between Plymouth Avenue and East 2nd Street and trenching between East 2nd Street and Front Street. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, maintaining social distancing and eliminating any close contact.
Please note, beginning on October 12 our crews will be conducting overnight work on Old Country Road between Roslyn Road and County Seat Drive, which will continue south on County Seat Drive. There will also be overnight construction in the Roslyn Road-Jericho Turnpike intersection this Fall.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Trenching on Roslyn Road between Front Street and Old Country Road
- Gas main installation on Roslyn Road between Liberty Avenue and Front Street
- Backfilling and temporary restoration on Roslyn Road between Plymouth Avenue and Liberty Avenue.
Traffic Management Updates:
- The road will be closed on Roslyn Road between Westbury Avenue and East 2nd Street during working hours. East and westbound traffic will continue to be maintained on East 2nd Street.
- There will be changes in the traffic pattern on Roslyn Road between East 2nd Street and Old Country Road.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
For more information about National Grid’s response to COVID-19, please visit: ngrid.com/covid-19