Over the last week, our construction team continued backfilling south of Plymouth Avenue, pipe installation between Liberty Avenue and East 2nd Street and trenching between Front Street and Old Country Road. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, maintaining social distancing and eliminating any close contact.
Please note there will not be any construction today, October 11.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see the following during daytime work hours:
- Trenching on Roslyn Road between Front Street and Old Country Road
- Gas main installation on Roslyn Road between Liberty Avenue and Front Street
- Backfilling and temporary restoration on Roslyn Road between Plymouth Avenue and East 2nd Street.
Overnight work will consist of:
- Trenching on Old Country Road between Roslyn Road and County Seat Drive
Traffic Management Updates:
- The road will be closed on Roslyn Road between Westbury Avenue and East 2nd Street during working hours. East and westbound traffic will continue to be maintained on East 2nd Street.
- There will be changes in the traffic pattern on Roslyn Road between East 2nd Street and Old Country Road during daytime working hours.
- There will be changes in the traffic pattern on Old Country Road between Roslyn Road and County Seat Drive during overnight working hours.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@NationalGridGasProjectsNY.com, or by calling our project outreach team at (516) 882-4864. You can also use the Contact Us page of our website to submit any questions, comments, or concerns.
For more information about National Grid’s response to COVID-19, please visit: ngrid.com/covid-19