Last week, our construction team continued preparation for gas main testing in Garden City and East Williston. The outreach team will continue to keep residents and businesses informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, while maintaining social distancing and eliminating any close contact.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see the following activities during work hours:
- Gas main testing activities on Stewart Avenue and near the Roslyn Road – East Williston Avenue intersection
Traffic Management Updates:
- Westbound traffic on Stewart Avenue between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane will be reduced to one lane during work hours.
- The U-turn in the Stewart Avenue median between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane will be closed at all times for the duration of the project.
- Northbound traffic on Roslyn Road will be reduced to one lane near East Williston Avenue.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@
For more information about National Grid’s response to COVID-19, please visit: ngrid.com/covid-19