Over the last week, our construction team continued trenching and gas main installation on Roslyn Road between East Williston Avenue and Sumter Avenue and distribution main work on Roslyn Road between Westbury Avenue and East 2nd Street. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, maintaining social distancing and eliminating any close contact.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Trenching on Roslyn Road between Sumter Avenue and Charles Street.
- Gas main installation on Roslyn Road south of East Williston Avenue.
- Backfilling and temporary restoration on Roslyn Road between East Williston Avenue and Coleman Drive.
- Distribution main work on Roslyn Road between Westbury Avenue and East 2nd Street.
- Completion of distribution work on Roslyn Road north of Jericho Turnpike. Please note that our construction team will reach out to any customers in need of a service upgrade resulting from the distribution main installation.
- Test pitting in Garden City on Kellum Place, Kellum Drive and Tenth Street.
Traffic Management Updates:
- Roslyn Road will be closed during work hours between East Williston Avenue and Jericho Turnpike.
- There will be changes in traffic patterns on Roslyn Road between Westbury Avenue and East 2nd Street and in Garden City on Kellum Place, Kellum Drive and Tenth Street.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.