Last week our construction team continued working on the tie-in on Jefferson Avenue and backfilling the regulator stations in Roslyn Heights. We began test pitting on Roslyn Road south of I.U. Willets Road in advance of upcoming gas main installation. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Backfilling and installation of vent piping for the regulator stations on Coolidge Street.
- Work on the outlet tie-in on Jefferson Avenue.
- Restoration work on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- Trenching on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and I.U. Willets Road.
Traffic management updates:
- During the day, there will be lane closures on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and I.U. Willets Road. We anticipate closing two lanes, with two remaining open for travel in either direction.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- During the day, there will be changes in traffic patterns on Jefferson Avenue and Coolidge Street with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.