Last week, our construction team continued commissioning activity for the newly installed infrastructure. The outreach team will continue to keep residents and businesses informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, while maintaining appropriate social distancing.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see the following activities during work hours:
- Continued commissioning activity for the newly installed infrastructure on Stewart Avenue. Please note that this may require extended working hours. As commissioning progresses, National Grid will begin to demobilize and backfill the work zone.
- Crew presence at the East Williston – Roslyn Road intersection and the Westbury Avenue – Roslyn Road intersection.
- Coordinated work with the Village of Mineola at the Roslyn Road – Westbury Avenue intersection
- Overnight paving in the Roslyn Road-Jericho Turnpike intersection.
Traffic Management Updates:
- Westbound traffic may be reduced to one lane on Stewart Avenue between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane.
- The U-turn in the Stewart Avenue median between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane will be closed at all times for the duration of the project.
- Northbound traffic on Roslyn Road will be reduced for one lane near East Williston Avenue.
- Changes in traffic pattern on Roslyn Road near Westbury Avenue.
- Changes in traffic pattern overnight (approximately 7:00 pm – 6:00 am) on Jericho Turnpike.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.