Last week our construction team began working on the tie-in on Coolidge Street and Powerhouse Road and continued backfilling the regulator stations in Roslyn Heights. Our team also continued work on Roslyn Road south of I.U. Willets Road. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities. Please note there will be no construction from July 4 – 7, and work will resume on Monday, July 8. From the National Grid Northwest Nassau Natural Gas Reliability Project, have a happy Fourth of July!
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Backfilling and installation of vent piping for the regulator stations on Coolidge Street.
- Work on the outlet tie-in on Coolidge Street off of the westbound LIE service road.
- Restoration work on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- Continued work on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and I.U. Willets Road.
- Overnight work on Locust Lane between Woodhollow Road and the LIE.
Traffic management updates:
- During the day, there will be lane closures on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and I.U. Willets Road. We anticipate closing two lanes, with two remaining open for travel in either direction.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- During the day, there will be changes in traffic patterns on Jefferson Avenue and Coolidge Street with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- Locust Lane will be closed overnight between Woodhollow Road and the LIE except to local traffic.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.