Happy New Year! Before the holiday break our construction team installed new gas main on Locust Lane and pipe testing components on Jefferson Avenue in Roslyn Heights. Our construction team also continued test pitting in Garden City. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Pipe installation on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- Mobilization of pipe testing materials on Jefferson Avenue and Coolidge Street in Roslyn Heights.
- Gas main installation on Locust Lane between Woodhollow Road and Saddle Lane in Roslyn Heights.
- Test pitting in Garden City along Fair Court, Lefferts Road, Transverse Road, and Wetherill Road.
- Continued outreach along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road in advance of upcoming gas main installation.
- Continued outreach in Garden City as test pitting continues.
Traffic management updates:
- During the day, local closures will be in effect on Red Ground Road with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- During the day, Locust Lane will be closed except to local traffic south of Woodhollow Road with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@NationalGridGasProjectsNY.com, or by calling our outreach team at 516-882-4864. Also, please make sure to use the signup box below to receive these updates directly to your email inbox.
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.