Last week our construction team continued installing new gas main on Locust Lane, and was able to complete pipe testing on Coolidge Street. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Pipe testing on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- Installation of regulator station gas piping on Coolidge Street in Roslyn Heights.
- Gas main installation on Locust Lane between Saddle Lane and Corn Crib Lane in Roslyn Heights.
- Test pitting on Roslyn Road south of Locust Lane.
- Continued outreach along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road in advance of upcoming gas main installation.
Traffic management updates:
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- During the day, Locust Lane will be closed except to local traffic between Woodhollow Road and Corn Crib Lane with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- During the day, commercial traffic will not be allowed on Roslyn Road between East Williston Avenue and Locust Lane. There will be no impact on commuter traffic, NICE buses, or emergency services.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@NationalGridGasProjec
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.