Last week our construction team continued installing new gas main on Locust Lane in Roslyn Heights and began test pitting in Garden City. The outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Pipe testing component installation on Jefferson Avenue and Coolidge Street in Roslyn Heights.
- Gas main installation on Locust Lane between Woodhollow Road and Saddle Lane in Roslyn Heights.
- Test pitting on Fair Court, Lefferts Road, and Transverse Road in Garden City.
- Continued outreach along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road in advance of upcoming gas main installation.
- Continued outreach along Fair Court, Lefferts Road, Transverse Road, and Wetherill Road during test pitting.
Traffic management updates:
- During the day, local closures will be in effect on Harding Avenue and Jefferson Avenue with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road in Old Westbury.
- During the day, Locust Lane will be closed except to local traffic south of Woodhollow Road with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
Please note there will be a break in construction for the holidays, beginning Saturday December 22nd, with work resuming Wednesday January 2nd.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@NationalGridGasProjec
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.