This past week, our construction team continued preparation off and on site for upcoming work in Roslyn Heights. They were in the field early this week, completing sawcutting along Harding Avenue and Coolidge Street, and backfilled the precast vaults on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road. Our outreach team has been working with residents on Coolidge Street and Harding Avenue to keep them informed of upcoming work. We are pleased to note we were also able to begin outreach along Locust Lane in advance of gas main installation planned to begin as early as the end of August.
Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Test pitting at the intersection of Coolidge Street and Harding Avenue early this week. Saw cutting will take place on Coolidge Street toward the end of the week, along with mobilization of materials for next week’s work.
- There will be changes in availability of street parking along Coolidge Street and we advise residents to plan accordingly.
- During working hours (7:00AM- 4:00PM) local closures will be in effect on Coolidge Street with flaggers present to provide alternate routes and ensure the safety of all parties.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road, Old Westbury. Work hours are not anticipated this week along Old Westbury Road.
- Continued resident outreach along Coolidge Street and Harding Avenue during excavation and installation of regulator stations.
- Outreach along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road in preparation for gas main installation.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@NationalGridGasProjec
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.