We are pleased to note that as of the end of last week our construction team completed all of the work related to the regulator stations on the westbound LIE Service Road off of Red Ground Road.
Construction progress continues at the Coolidge Street Regulator Station. Please note that we are in the final stages of construction at this work site and look forward to completing this work as soon as possible. Please note there will be no work Monday, August 5.
Additionally, we would like to provide an update specific to our work sites on Locust Lane and Roslyn Road.
As with all of our projects, we’re committed to conducting our work safely, reliably and efficiently—and we greatly appreciate the working relationship we have established with our host communities. To that end, in light of our concerns related to contractor performance, including schedule and local impacts, we have decided to place a hold on the work along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road. Please note that over the coming weeks, our team will be conducting overnight work in order to restore the roads currently affected by that work. This restoration work is expected to include removal of construction materials, backfilling open trenches, and temporary restoration of the road. We anticipate resuming this work in Spring 2020.
Our outreach team will continue to keep residents informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Continued backfilling and work on the regulator stations on Coolidge Street.
- Overnight restoration work on Locust Lane between Woodhollow Road and the LIE.
- Overnight restoration work on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and IU Willets Road.
Traffic management updates:
- During the day, there will be changes in traffic patterns on Coolidge Street with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- Locust Lane will be closed between 8:00PM and 5:00AM between Woodhollow Road and the LIE except to local traffic.
- Changes in traffic patterns between 8:00PM and 5:00AM on Roslyn Road between Barnyard Lane and IU Willets Road with flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.
- As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@
NationalGridGasProjectsNY.com, or by calling our project outreach team at (516) 882-4864. You can also use the Contact Us page of our website to submit any questions, comments, or concerns.
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.