This past week, our construction team has been hard at work on Harding Avenue installing the new gas main and completing temporary repaving of the street as quickly as possible. This work is ongoing, and will turn onto Coolidge Street soon. The outreach team has been keeping residents informed during work and giving notice of upcoming activities. We have also continued outreach southward along Roslyn Road in advance of gas main installation planned to begin as early as the end of August.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Continued trenching, gas main installation, and backfilling along Harding Avenue.
- Possible trenching, gas main installation, and backfilling along Coolidge Street.
- There will be changes in availability of street parking along Harding Avenue and Coolidge Street and we advise residents to plan accordingly.
- During working hours (7:00AM- 4:00PM) local closures will be in effect on Harding Avenue with flaggers present to provide alternate routes and ensure the safety of all parties.
- The right lane of the westbound LIE Service Road will continue to be closed 200 feet east and west of Red Ground Road, Old Westbury. Work hours are not anticipated this week along Old Westbury Road.
- Continued resident outreach along Harding Avenue and Coolidge Street during gas main installation.
- Outreach along Locust Lane and Roslyn Road in preparation for upcoming gas main installation.
As always, feel free to reach out by emailing us at NWNassau@
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.